Howdy friends! How on EARTH is it already July?! I can’t believe how quickly time is passing, can you?! With the beginnings of a new month comes another edition of my monthly favorites! June was a beauty-focused month for me. I’ve been having a lot of issues with my skin, so I’ve been really taking a look at what I’m putting on it, how to make it better, and how to help myself out when I’m not having my best of skin days. So my favorites of this month are mainly focused on beauty buys along with a few extras, I’m so excited to share them with you!
- The cutest cowboy boots. If you saw on Instagram, Zach and I went to country summer last month, which is this weekend-long country concert and we had so. much. fun. What girl goes to a country concert sans cowboy boots?! These boots were so comfy from the start, no miserable breaking in period. They were affordable (as far as cowboy boots go, those things can get pricey fast!), and I know they’ll wear so well in the years to come!
- Prettiest natural lipstick and everyday lipgloss. I’ve asked for some recs here and there, and have tried to dabble in lipstick. I discovered that I’m extremely picky when it comes to lip products. I only use one lip balm, and need something very moisturizing. I’m trying to get used to adding a little color to my lips, I haven’t quite gotten comfortable with the big statement shades yet, but I’m trying! This lipstick, while fairly pricey, is incredibly moisturizing, wears beautifully all day long, and doesn’t crack off after an hour! I went in looking for a basic lip color and the saleswoman totally sold me on both! I think that’s the best way to do it, just go in and try on until you find the perfect shade! It’s the perfect everyday lippie, and adds just the perfect touch of color for any look! The shades I purchased were “Boy” and “Rose Pulpe”. Sidenote, I have noticed that most rose-named lip products seem to be everyone’s shade!
- The most perfect striped tee. I cannot get enough of this darling comfy tee! The fit is amazing, it’s crazy soft, and goes with EVERYTHING. Dress it up or down, this tee is one of those that you can pack for a trip for 10 outfit options. I opted for the bright red, but it also comes in a pink and navy! Oh, and did I mention it’s on sale for less than $20! Snag it before it’s gone!
- No-brainer concealer. I’ve never used concealer. I honestly just forgot about it. While amping up my makeup routine, I decided one thing I’d like to do is cover up those stubborn time-of-the-month pimples when needed. Naturally, I went to my favorite makeup retailer to check out their options and fell in love. This easy-to-use pen covers and lightens any areas with just a click, brush, and dab! I have noticed an incredible difference in using it, I’m embarrassed I didn’t try it sooner! I’m using the shade “Light” for reference!
- Beaded summer statement earrings. Another easy peasy way to glam up even the most casual of outfits is with a trusty pair of statement earrings! I love the gold and blue detailed beading, it’s absolutely perfect for summer! I’ve paired them with a cute white and blush look that will be on the blog soon, and they added a great pop of color without overdoing it.
- Glowing tinted moisturizer. Yes, another beauty find that I need to rave about. Again, I was looking for a little more coverage without looking like a plastic-faced doll. I’ve heard so many great things about this tinted moisturizer, and is another stunning product from my favorite beauty brand, the makers of “The Flawless Face”. I decided to give it a try. Wow, what a difference! It really does give your face a little glow after you apply, as well as the little touch of coverage I was looking for! I’m wearing “Natural” for reference.
- This summer’s “it” clutch. Straw bags aren’t just for the beach, friends! I love that these bags are becoming the trend of the season, when your beach bag and your everyday bag can become one! I snagged this little clutch and have loved bringing it around with me! It fits just enough for an evening out for drinks: ID, credit cards, cash, lipstick, keys, phone! It’s on sale and comes in two other colors!
I hope you all enjoyed some of my favorites from the last month! Do you have any of these products or any favorites of your own? Lemme know in the comments below, or comment on my latest Instagram (@madeinmissouri)! It’s almost Friday people, we can do it, power through!
Cheers from Napa,
SHOP THE POST