Trying to sound like I’m ok with it being Monday is tough today, friends. Monday’s are always a doozy after a weekend that seems to have gone by in a flash, ya feel?! I was one busy girl this weekend, company Giants game on Friday night, then Saturday I raced down to Fresno to shower Zach’s beautiful sister, a bride-to-be! I’ve never been to a bridal shower before, and man they’re fun! I can’t wait for more (or even mine)!
Anyways, the real reason you visited today, my monthly round-up of some favorite buys from the past 31 days! Since the month of July was predominantly taken up by the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I’ll direct you to shop my favorite picks from that here, and a look featuring some of my purchases here. Also, stay tuned for a fun announcement at the end of this post!
- Laser detail leggings. I know it’s hot as blazes outside so tight pants that hug every nook and cranny are the last thing on our minds, but these leggings I snagged last month are like heaven. You all know I’m a sucker for anything bright white (don’t worry all you spill-prone gals, they come in other colors too!), but add some cool laser detailing on the bottom and a fit-like-buttah kind of feel and I’m game. These leggings are great for yoga or running, and they’re on sale! I think one of the coolest things about these leggings is the length, too. They’re one of the 7/8 tights so they’re not crazy long for us average-height girls, but go a little longer than a crop (which they also come in, also on sale).
- Replacement Apple Watch band. I’ve had the first generation Apple Watch for almost two years now (catch my review on it here), and a little part of me has always wished it didn’t look SO sporty. I love it for running, it’s sleek and very athletic looking, very sporty indeed. However, when I’m going out for date night in a dress, the black rubber band is somewhat of an eye sore if I can be honest. I found myself opting for one of my nicer gold watches to match a dressier outfit, all the while being disappointed that my nicer watch didn’t alert me to texts or wasn’t counting how many steps I took from the car to the movie theater. Enter this perfect gold band for my Apple Watch. It comes in every color that the faces do. I got the gold and it matches perfectly. It’s a brushed muted gold, and adds just that tough of glam I was needing! I’ve been wearing my watch so much more now that I have two different bands for my two types of attire! Oh, and it’s only $23.
- Striped pajama pants. I know I said I would leave Anniversary Sale items out of my monthly favorites, I have to make an exception since these are still affordable and I found them somewhat by accident. I snagged these striped pj pants about a week or so ago and have found every excuse to wear them around the house. They’re insanely comfy and cozy, and are perfect for that girls night in (hello wine night!)/movie on the couch kind of lounging. I sized up for a bigger, baggier feel. They also come in solid colors!
- Old faithful face wash. For about 6 months, I have been on the hunt for some life changing facial regimens that will give me the skin of a supermodel. I’ve tried everything, you guys. Seriously, everything. Every recommended product, trick, brand, and my skin looked worse than it’s ever looked. I’ll be doing a more detailed post on this later, but I think I’ve finally nailed down my routine, and I basically came full circle. I went back to using the stuff I’d been using since college (plus a few tweaks), and added this special ointment for spot treatment and have been so happy with the results! My skin is clear and calm finally. This entire line is incredibly affordable (drugstore status), and is dermatologist recommended for all skin types! Lesson learned in the last 6 months: just because it’s more expensive, does not mean that it’s better.
- Black aviators. Every summer, I get the urge so splurge on a new pair of sunnies. The aviator style is so timeless and classic, I know I can wear them for years to come. Already having a brown/gold pair, I love the style and shape, they’re my go-to shades. I loved the look of the all-black ones, so finally decided to snag a pair. Oh my gosh, you guys, OBSESSED. They’re so much more of a statement in such a good way. They are even more versatile than my brown/gold ones! I don’t wear black much, but these honestly go with any outfit I throw on, I’ve found the pair I can’t live without!
These are just some key pieces I picked up this past month that I crushed too hard on not to share! Now for the announcement…I’m hosting a GIVEAWAY! Yippee! To celebrate July being a great month filled with lots of favorites, I’m going to be giving away one pair of my favorite new pajama pants! Let the lounge party begin! Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Follow me on Instagram: @madeinmissouri
- Like the photo featured on this post on my Instagram
- Tag two gal pals you’d love to lounge with
- For an extra entry, comment your favorite piece from this month’s favorites below
The giveaway will run from today, 8/7, to Friday, 8/11 at 9pm PST. Good luck!
Cheers from Napa,
SHOP THE POST